[Osmf-talk] OSMF Governance - Directors (was: 'OSMF Members Request for a General Meeting)

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Wed Nov 12 21:32:22 UTC 2014

Hi Johan,

I think that seven might be too small currently, but just right in the
future.  I've never been a board member, but have volunteered for
several OSMF Working Groups in the past.  In those roles, I was
present for WG meetings with various board members.

If I remember correctly, the plan was for each Working Group to have a
Chair, and a board member, in addition to the WG volunteers. The Chair
and board member were sometimes the same person.  Each working group
was also to have a representative on the Management Team to help
co-ordinate between working groups and the board.

So, the frequent tasks for a board member might look like:
- board meetings
- tasks for the board work
- WG meeting
- WG tasks
- MT Meetings

That's without considering any special projects.  The burden on board
members increased when they served on more Working Groups, and again,
iirc, several board members have served  on multiple WGs.  Having
fewer board members would increase that WG burden for each of them.

Best regards and happy mapping,

Richard