[Osmf-talk] OSMF Governance - Directors (was: 'OSMF Members Request for a General Meeting)

Gregory sotm at livingwithdragons.com
Thu Nov 13 22:31:00 UTC 2014

On 12 November 2014 18:15, Johan & Marguerite <textline at gmail.com> wrote:

>  We (the OSMF members) want things to change.

As an OSMF member, I would like to ask who gave you authority to declare
what all OSMF members want?

You didn't even use phrases like "most of", "it seems", or "from what is
apparent". It can be worked out from the numbers that a very tiny number of
the OSMF members that voted in the recent board elections are the ones
posting comments/debate/arguments in the OSMF-talk mailing list. You
haven't talked to me, so you can't even begin to claim what I'm thinking.

As it happens I am busy creating a better map, out promoting OpenStreetMap
and those that use it, and I'm busy defending it's data so that it
continues to be so strong. The OSMF board have not stopped me in doing
that, but the weight of my e-mail inbox has distracted me somewhat in
recent weeks.

Gregory.