[Osmf-talk] Potential source of revenue for the OSM Foundation

Trip Wolfskehl trip at mapisart.com
Wed Nov 12 21:15:38 UTC 2014

Hello OSMers

I have a new business called MapIsArt.com <www.mapisart.com> which uses
osm data to create beautiful personalized map gifts and home décor. The
customer creates their map online, sends us the order, and we ship it in
a week.

<www.mapisart.com>

The commercial applications of using osm data are extraordinary, and
potentially a source of revenue for osm. We just launched mapisart.com
last month, and we would like to be in a position to support OSM
financially within the year. We are increasing osm awareness by telling
everyone we meet about osm and pointing folks to it in our product
inserts and online
<http://mapisart.com/blogs/blog/16778655-ptolemys-map-and-the-importance-of-accuracy>.
People that don't know about the site are stunned, and excited, that it
exists, and we have found there's a lot of people that don't know about
osm (pretty much everyone I've spoken to).

*
**If you would like to get occasional updates on what we're doing,
please opt-in by responding to this email.* You can of course follow us
on facebook <https://www.facebook.com/mapisart>. Any feedback or stories
you'd like to give to us about the wonderful world of maps would also be
appreciated.

Thank you and I look forward to being in touch.

--
Trip Wolfskehl
Mapisart.com

1 Stone Street