[Osmf-talk] OSMF now also part of the OSM-forum

Roland Olbricht roland.olbricht at gmx.de
Tue Nov 18 17:13:54 UTC 2014

Hi all,

first of all, in genereal I appreciate efforts to improve communications.

But communication channels are one of the rare things of which two are
worse than one. It makes it substantially harder to get all messages.

Is there the possibility to configure the forum to act as a mailing list
proxy?

> The forum is - by nature - a bit more easier in its use than a
> mailinglist

This is at least disputed. My mail client takes care of orgaizing
messages into threads. I don't have to actively search for messages, and
I can read them offline or with an intermittent internet connection.
I can answer messages with a proper text editor.

A forum degrades all that to a web form. Pushing accidentially the wrong
button might either discard or prematurely send the message.

While I respect that some people like web forms, I would very much
appreciate to froward the messages from there to the mailing list.

Best regards,

Roland