[Osmf-talk] Affirmative Action and Board Elections

Gregory sotm at livingwithdragons.com
Thu Oct 2 10:30:35 UTC 2014

On 27 September 2014 01:40, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

> feminists often
> rightly say that a couple good role models do a lot for motivation, but
> what we need IMHO is female *mapper* role models, not female *board
> member* role models.

Suggestion:
We have the delightful "Image of the Week" on the wiki, what about using
that to feature mappers/people every now and then with a link to a profile
on them. I accept a photo of the person may not always be desired, so I
offer up an example...

Frank, a mapper who surveys with a notebook.
http://weait.com/content/look-franks-log-book
(I think the image was featured but not with a title focusing on the
person).

We don't have to stop it at mappers, we could feature one of the server
admins and perhaps Richard Weait himself for the blogs/tutorials/events he
writes/organises. It reminds me of the early years the "stars"
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Awards

Greg.