[Osmf-talk] Affirmative Action and Board Elections

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Thu Oct 2 11:16:05 UTC 2014

Yesterday, October 1, was the International Day of Older Persons [1].
This is the image [2] from the yesterday's concert of the /Magic Movers/
group from the UK in the main UN Palace building [3].

The group consists from older women, as you see from the photo, but the
show was actually very good. They use hits from 50's, the music which
they liked, and are proficient in progressive involvement of all
spectators into dancing. That is why it is called /Magic Movers. /In the
end everybody was dancing. I did not believe that anyone could make me
dance in a daytime performance. How wrong I was ...

An UN official said, while introducing the dancers, that 65+ is the
fastest growing age group. And that UN considers it as an important task
to keep this age group active in the economical and social life.

[1] http://www.un.org/en/events/olderpersonsday/
[2]
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwIBJzM0u50qam10VFE4NmpCRTQ/edit?usp=sharing
[3] http://osm.org/go/0CFn9s6u1--?m=