[Osmf-talk] Communications and osmf-talk (Was: Reaching out and diversity (Was: Re: AGM and board elections))

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Thu Oct 2 16:43:34 UTC 2014

Good evening Kathleen,

I looked up a definition of a paywall: "A paywall is a system that
prevents Internet users from accessing webpage content without a paid
subscription." [1]

An e-mail is as good way of communication. It is still used in many
major organizations. The OSMF membership fee is a modest one in
comparison with say jQuery Foundation individual membership fee of 400.-
USD annually [2]. And it is not a paid subscription to access a
commercial content.

I have nothing against a code or guidelines, but I do not see why an
organization cannot have a e-mail system. And I would also agree that it
could be close to impossible to monitor what people say in social media,
especially if they use different human languages or a national social
network /du jour/.

With best regards,
Oleksiy

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paywall