[Osmf-talk] Conference organizer travel

Gregory sotm at livingwithdragons.com
Fri Oct 17 10:30:46 UTC 2014

In other organisations I have claimed expenses and as a separate
transaction made a donation equal to the expenses. I prefer this method as
someone taking my position in future may not have the means to cover the
same costs but at least the costs are record and so the organisation should
have planned for them in budgeting (the fact that it was covered by a
donation is formally unknown and fundraising is a different budget matter).

However with OSMF, I can see that the board claiming their travel expenses
just for paperwork-sake would add a relatively significant amount of admin
work because the OSMF is still a small organisation with no paid staff or
even full-time volunteers. I have also been happy with the board elections
and so trust the current board would be managing finances appropriately.

Happy Mapping,
Greg