[Osmf-talk] 2013 Financials

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 08:57:06 UTC 2014

On 22 October 2014 17:06, Simon Poole <simon at osmfoundation.org> wrote:

> The 2013 financials are now available the foundation website see
> http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Finances/Balance_Sheet_2013 and
> http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Finances/Income_2013 and not just via
> companies house.

Thank you Simon.

With regards to the Companies House filings, the OSMF must file
between the end of our financial year (31st August) and the due date
(31st May the following year). Recently we've filed quite far through
that period, namely

20/05/2014
03/05/2013
06/07/2012
26/05/2011

Is there any advantage to us in, or reason for us, waiting 8+ months
before filing? If not, I think it would help if our annual accounts
were made up and filed in a shorter timeframe, e.g. 2-3 months after
financial year end, and at that time circulated within the membership
for discussion well in advance of their presentation at the following
AGM. For example, it would be great to see the FY13/14 financials some
time soon, rather than May 2015 as would historically be the case.

Thanks,
Andy