[Osmf-talk] 2013 Financials

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Thu Oct 23 09:29:21 UTC 2014

There is no particular reason for the late filing that I know of,
outside of that there is simply no benefit to filing early. But that is
orthogonal to presenting the results to the members in a prompt fashion.
Things simply tend to be driven by deadlines and in this case it is the
looming GM.

Technically we naturally need to have the accounts first but that is not
a problem. I have a set of provisional results here for 2014 that may
need some further refinement, but are likely not far away from the
definite accounts (people that were at the GM in Birmingham may remember
that I had provisional numbers for 2013 available there too). If anybody
is interested I've got permission from the board and the treasurer to
make them available, as long as people understand all the caveats
attached, it is just a fair amount of work to put them online in a
sensible fashion.

In any case I would expect definite accounts to be available before the
filing date next year as I've suggested such a change of practice to the
board in any case (the mechanics just need to be worked out).

Simon