[Osmf-talk] Running

Christian Quest cquest at openstreetmap.fr
Fri Oct 24 08:30:21 UTC 2014

> I am just so mystified by these personal attacks and disappointed to see
> the conversation spin out of control like this, especially when fuelled by
> folks who have otherwise done great things for this project. If you have a
> personal score to settle with Steve (or anyone for that matter), we all
> would be better off if you would refrain from piggybacking your gripes onto
> what was a pretty civil discussion.
>
> Get some rest.

+1 get some rest... calm down.

I considered a couple of time candidating for OSMF board, but the internal
politics and fights made me stay out of that so far because I want to keep
my time, energy and motivation for much more positive things than "getting
into the arena".

A new kind of organization should emerge for OSMF, build more on local
chapters, where OSMF becomes a federation of local chapters. This was not
possible in the past as there was very few local chapters, but this was the
past.

Currently a small group of people is elected mainly on their name which
means politics one way or another (and we see it right now).
Conflict of interest is another problem to consider too.

--
Christian Quest - OpenStreetMap France