[Osmf-talk] Running

Marek.Strassenburg-Kleciak at elektrobit.com Marek.Strassenburg-Kleciak at elektrobit.com
Fri Oct 24 08:48:10 UTC 2014

I´m unhappy about personal attacks as well. We don't need that.

Lwet´s talk positive:
I also wish for OSMF more local chapters, (like French, US or Polish chapter) because I see in Poland weekly benefits of this organization form.

The OSMF Board should help the local communities in organization of local chapters. I visit January Nepal to discuss with local community the consolidation of existing local chapter.
In Poland, through our lobbying we have achieved the changes in existing Geodata Act. Now is the activity of OSM Poland, comparing to the situation before starting work with local chapter, significantly better.
Poland was nr. 20 in the country activities stats, now, they´re nr 5-6-7 depend on the week.
OSMF is far away, local chapters understand better the situation in the own country and can better respond to the challenges.

BR,
Marek Strassenburg-Kleciak

From: Christian Quest [mailto:cquest at openstreetmap.fr]
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2014 10:30 AM
To: osmf-talk
Subject: Re: [Osmf-talk] Running

I am just so mystified by these personal attacks and disappointed to see the conversation spin out of control like this, especially when fuelled by folks who have otherwise done great things for this project. If you have a personal score to settle with Steve (or anyone for that matter), we all would be better off if you would refrain from piggybacking your gripes onto what was a pretty civil discussion.
Get some rest.

+1 get some rest... calm down.

I considered a couple of time candidating for OSMF board, but the internal politics and fights made me stay out of that so far because I want to keep my time, energy and motivation for much more positive things than "getting into the arena".

A new kind of organization should emerge for OSMF, build more on local chapters, where OSMF becomes a federation of local chapters. This was not possible in the past as there was very few local chapters, but this was the past.

Currently a small group of people is elected mainly on their name which means politics one way or another (and we see it right now).
Conflict of interest is another problem to consider too.

--
Christian Quest - OpenStreetMap France

Please note: This e-mail may contain confidential information
intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please do not disclose it to anyone, notify
the sender promptly, and delete the message from your system.
Thank you.