[Osmf-talk] Running

Henk Hoff henk.hoff at osmfoundation.org
Sun Oct 26 18:45:16 UTC 2014

We can go on and on about the membership list. Apparently memories and
emotions have blurred history. But (as far as I see) it comes down to this:
- Frederik asked for the membership list
- Frederik (and all other board members) has gotten the membership list
 and can do with it what he wanted to do with it.

It may not have gone the way Frederik might have liked, and he may be a bit
pissed off that I asked him where he wanted to use it for. But, from a
perspective of accountability within the board, I think those questions are
completely legit.

Regarding the membership registration, there has always been a backup in
the person our former membership secretary, Michael Collinson. That might
not have been know to all board members at all times. But that does not
leave the fact that there has not been a single point of failure here.

Regarding my work for the OSMF: yes, I've drastically reduced my time and
effort for the OSMF during the last two years in order to prevent more
clashes with other board members. Amongst others:
- I've stopped being the chair of the management team
- I've handed over the work of the AoA to Simon
- I've handed over the work of the Local Chapters WG to Simon
- I'm not the liaison with legal counsel for the board anymore
- I'm no longer on the Communications WG
- I no longer have admin rights to the osmf-email facility

Regarding OSMplus: Like I mentioned before: I encourage initiatives that
help make OSM better. In the initial concept of OSMplus there were also
ideas on how this initiative could support the OSMF. I don't know what the
current status is, since I stepped back from it. When the initial OSMplus
was held, corporate membership was not in place. There was however a call
made at that first OSMplus to donate to the, at that time, ongoing server
donation drive. In that way the OSMF certainly benefitted from it. Since
OSMplus was designed to also also help the OSMF, I see absolutely no
conflict of interest here.
And, for the record: there has not been an OSMplus in the UK.

Henk

--

Board member
OpenStreetMap Foundation
henk.hoff at osmfoundation.org

Name & Registered Office:
Openstreetmap Foundation
132 Maney Hill Road
Sutton Coldfield
B72 1JU
United Kingdom
A company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales.
Registration No. 05912761.