[Osmf-talk] Running

THEVENON Julien julien_thevenon at yahoo.fr
Mon Oct 27 09:01:26 UTC 2014

DeĀ : Sarah Hoffmann <lonvia at denofr.de>My impression was that you are the only person who has access to the member
database itself and the only person who receives mails directed to the
membership@ address. Notwithstanding the transparancy issue, I am concerned
that the database may be lost should you become suddenly unavailable. Is
there a technical or political reason to not keep the database at a place
where it is available to all board members?

According to Henk's mail saying that he is very busy at the moment I can confirm Sarah's feeling.I sent a first mail to membership adress on 9th SeptemberĀ  to know the status of my membershipAs there were no answers I sent a mail on 17th september on osmf talk @ to check if membership @ was still valid. Thanks to that I recceived an answer from Henk and Skye Book on to inform me that I will have an answer next week.Since that mail I didn't receive news any more.I know that people like Henk take on their free time to contribute to OSMF and that this is not always easy but for important thinks like membership that condition the capability to vote for the coming board elections I`m afraid there is no backup...Due to the 30 days rule to be able to vote I`m afraid that if I need to renew mmy membership it will be too late for me to participate despite my efforts to take it by advance
Again a big thanks to people involved in foundation and working groups for the time they spent to support OSM
Cheers
Julien