[Osmf-talk] Running

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Sun Oct 26 23:43:36 UTC 2014

On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 3:50 PM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

> Just for clarity, I would like to point out that the list the other
> board members see is not the full list but an excerpt. I have never seen
> the master file but the list the other board members get does, for
> example, not contain email addresses and I'm sure we have them on file
> somewhere. Should the master file be lost for some reason, it would be
> quite a bit of work to restore it from the excerpt.
>
> Also, some kinds of analyses (e.g. "how many people from the top five
> well-known OSM companies have signed up with their business address?")
> can only be performed by those who know the email address.
>
> I should probably just have asked Henk directly to add that column. I
> freely admit I never did. Maybe it was just an oversight on his part.
> Under normal circumstances you'd just fire off a quick email to your
> colleague and say "hey, you seem to have forgotten that". But if that
> same colleague has let you wait for over a year to give you any list at
> all, maybe then you already hear the answer in your head: "What do you
> need the email column for?"

Is there a reason we need to hashing this out on a mailing list?

This behavior indicates to me that a better solution is needed. It seems
silly to state the obvious, that the Board is Broken, yet that all that's
being conveyed.

I may have disagreed with some of the decisions of Board members, but the
one thing I had was respect for the hard work they do. So please stop.

--
@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us