[Osmf-talk] Running

Serge Wroclawski swroclawski at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 23:55:28 UTC 2014

Clifford,

Frederik's airing of the problems at the board is, in my view,
completely justified.  These problems are not surface deep and they
need exploration.

The fact is that Frederik has served the board and has not been public
about these issues. Only now, while the board issues are being aired
in the open is he taking these steps. I view this as an honorable
whistleblowing activity like those of Serpico.

The only alternative process I can see would be something like a
referendum by the membership to create an independent investigative
committee which would create a report, but this process would be
length and with a community as small as we are (by OSMF membership
numbers) a lot of overhead.

Each of us may evaluate Frederik's statements differently. Some may
agree with him, while others do not agree with his actions, but I for
one would like to have a better understanding of the problems that the
board members see on the board in oder to begin to address them.

Saying "the Board is Broken" does not allow us to identify what the
actual problems are, not does it give the membership the opportunity
to discuss those issues with the board members. Furthermore by asking
Frederik to stop, you are stifling our understanding of the problems
and the conversation in general.

We need more understanding of the problems, not less.

- Serge