[Osmf-talk] Some ideas

Nick Hocking nick.hocking at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 07:00:55 UTC 2014

Ilya Zverev wrote  "Hi! I was planning to put my name in the candidates
list, but after
 Steve appeared, I decided not to."

..... and that's as far as I read.

When politicians are running for re-election, they usually make statements
like

if elected we will......

give everyone a tax cut
put more money into arts/sport/health/social welfare
concentrate on border protection
fight crime aggressively  etc.

*not*

we will have cabinet meetings on Mondays instead of Wednesdays.
we will gag senator XXX if he gets too loud too often
we will distribute our mailing lists every Tuesday lunchtime.
I won't run for election if senator yyy runs.

We've only had about two posts in this whole flame fest that have said
anything about where (and how) OSM is, or should be going. Maybe this is
where the board could productively spend some of it's energies.

Sure , it's important that the board works effectively, but if they don't
have a vision for OSM and how to improve it  (note I said OSM *not* OSMF)
then they're not talking about things that really matter to OSM
contributors (IMHO).

Nick