[Osmf-talk] Sustainable Participation in OSM (was Tanzania)

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Thu Sep 4 18:35:03 UTC 2014

I don't think I used "easy" anywhere, given that i have a professional
background in telecoms I'm fully aware that telcos, even the
non-incumbents are not the easiest (I'm being very diplomatic here)
organisations to deal with. On the other hand the WMF has already
familiarised them with the concepts and we have other angles of attack
that are likely not available to the WMF. In any case this would clearly
be a long term project and while it would likely be easier if we could
throw lots of money at the problem, it is not the only way to skin a cat.

Simon