[Osmf-talk] AGM and board elections

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Thu Sep 18 22:34:20 UTC 2014

Here is the page /Officers and Board/:
http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Officers_%26_Board

Frances (Fran) Allen, a computer engineer and scientist, who worked at
IBM, said: "I thought about the women who had done some very amazing
things that have not been recognized, even by their peers." [/Coders at
Work/ by Peter Seibel, p.514, ISBN 978-1-4302-1948-4]

Basically, she says that in 50s and 60s women at IBM were making
fundamental discoveries and breakthroughs. She continues: "There was a
woman who essentially was the inventor of multiprogramming and credit
was taken by somebody who eventually became a Turing Award winner." That
how it was at that time.

I mean women were in fact contributing to computer science and industry
significantly.

Perhaps it's time to begin to think about a rule that the board shall
include at least two women? And in future 4/3?

brgds
Oleksiy (Alex-7)