[Osmf-talk] Funding WG

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Sat Sep 27 00:03:12 UTC 2014

On 9/26/2014 2:43 PM, Simon Poole wrote:
> However in the past it has
> been a moot issue because it would simply amount to handing out yet
> another set of hats to the same group of people, that simply doesn't
> make sense.
>
> Obviously if a reasonable number of people would actually step forward
> and offer to help the idea could be revived.
Yes - there's no real gain if there aren't some new people interested.

For that reason, I'd encourage anyone who knows mappers with the right
skill set to step forward. Remember, most people don't read the mailing
lists, so ask at local meetups and other events.

I can say with some certainty that ideas for work the foundation could
be doing that would require funding will not move forward without more
people willing to take on the work of raising that funding. Even without
taking on more tasks, funding needs will increase with the increased
cost of operations as OSM grows.