[Osmf-talk] Reaching out and diversity (Was: Re: AGM and board elections)

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Sat Sep 27 11:01:56 UTC 2014

Hello Jack,
The issue with diversity, for example, is that there less than 10% of women in the OSM project.

It will not be solved by creating a position of an expert-coordinator on diversity and feminism at the OSM leadership.

Problems are rarely solved in the place were they appear.

But understanding that the problem exists is already half of the solution.

We saw as a young lady applied for the OSMF membership yesterday just to participate in this discussion. She just saw that we started to discuss it seriously, that we recognized that it is an issue.

Brgds
Oleksiy

Sent from my iPhone