[Osmf-talk] Reaching out and diversity (Was: Re: AGM and board elections)

Dan Stowell danstowell at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 23:54:22 UTC 2014

> On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 2:28 PM, Oleksiy Muzalyev
> <oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch> wrote:
>>
>> In my opinion, child care service at a conference would be useful only
>> if it is advertised well beforehand, and if there is a possibility to
>> book it. So that people could include it into their plans and
>> arrangements with a confidence.
>
> Absolutely. The expectation would be better turnout if we offered childcare.

I'd just like to mention this nice example from a UK tech event this
summer. UCL Engineering specifically sponsored childcare for them. It
seems a great idea, and the sponsor gets some of the positive glow
from it:
<http://www.engineering.ucl.ac.uk/blog/news/ucl-engineering-provide-childcare-uk-technology-festival/>

Best
Dan