[Osmf-talk] Reaching out and diversity (Was: Re: AGM and board elections)

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Tue Sep 30 17:39:21 UTC 2014

Hi all. This far into the discussion, I don't believe there's a
significantly new perspective I can bring to the table. I just want to
single out Kathleen's posts on this thread. She makes an excellent argument
and one I fully stand behind. She provides us with a list of things we can
start doing right now, and working with her on the U.S. Chapter board, I
have witnessed her lead initiatives along these very same lines with vigor.
This has been an inspiration to me.
Some of the reading comes recommended; I would like to single out the
article on meritocracy, as this term is often misused to mean something
positive that does not really exist, or at least to mask a status quo that
is undesirable.

Martijn van Exel
skype: mvexel