[Osmf-talk] Communications and osmf-talk (Was: Reaching out and diversity (Was: Re: AGM and board elections))

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Tue Sep 30 21:02:11 UTC 2014

Am 30.09.2014 22:50, schrieb Wolfgang Zenker:
>> Nothing we can do about this, but I suspect the utility of osmf-talk as
>> a semi-private mailing list has outlived itself given that the model
>> actively provokes parallel comms. I would suggest either doing away with
>> it completely or scoping it strictly to OSMF business.
> .. how would your proposed solution help? Instead of an incomplete
> picture, people like me that don't have Google/Twitter/Facebook/Whatever-
> accounts would get no picture at all. And no, I would not consider
> making any non-OSM accounts a requirement for being active in the OSMF
> an acceptable solution.

Naturally I wasn't suggesting to reduce communication from the OSMF to
its members nor restrict discussing the relevant topics. But I suspect
that it would better to have that on the talk list or somewhere else
which is open to all and keep the members only things to a minimum. It
naturally won't stop parallel comms and heckling from the sidelines but
at least remove some of the motivation for it.

Simon