[Osmf-talk] Hiring help for OSMF administrative tasks

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Wed Mar 11 14:51:19 UTC 2015

Am 11.03.2015 um 15:41 schrieb Joseph Reeves:
>>I sense a misconception there, nobody is doing hours a week on paperwork
>>in the OSMF.
>
> Ok, thanks for clarifying. My point about /x/ hours of admin was that,
> of course, I didn't know how much x actually was. My main argument being
> that the OSMF should make decisions about paid staff based on workload
> and need rather than the ideology of "the community".

Well, as said there is a significant amount of volunteered non-mapping
work been done.

One possible way out is to spread the work out more, which has happened
to a limited extent for ops, the other is to spend money on somebody
doing it, which for example the model followed for the OSMFs accounting.

I don't think anybody currently believes that this is a totally black
and white topic. It is more about having consensus on what is a
significant workload that should not be shouldered by volunteers (alone).

Simon