[Osmf-talk] Hiring help for OSMF administrative tasks

Sarah Hoffmann lonvia at denofr.de
Wed Mar 11 18:18:03 UTC 2015

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 11:34:53AM -0500, Eleanor Tutt wrote:
> I think we need to respect that the board is examining the possibility of
> part time administrative help for good reason.  I like that they are
> looking for general feedback first before asking us to comment on a
> specific plan.

That is all well in theory but the plan has a serious flaw. In order to
give an informed opinion about paid stuff/help, we would have to understand
what the board is actually doing. I for one still don't have a
clue because the board's lips are as sealed as ever. That just can't work.

I appreciate the intentions to involve the community in the discussion
process but I think we have to start at a much more fundamental level.
The minutes have improved significantly in the last half year (even
though I wish they were more timely or at least announced when ready, but
I know what tiring chore it is to write up minutes). But minutes don't
help to get an impression on the day-to-day work, which probably would
involve the actual adminstrative work the board is currently being
overloaded with.

And before Kathleen now feels justified in telling the members to shut
up and let the board do whatever it feels like doing, I would like to
remind you that you are running the foundation on donation money and
that you have a certain moral obligation to justify that the money is
wisely spent. So, please, give a few examples of the administrative
task currently holding up the board and I'm sure there are people
who can weigh in with their experience on whether it works or not
to load that off to a paid aid.

Sarah