[Osmf-talk] Board nominations

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Mon Nov 9 04:01:34 UTC 2015

> I will be sending out additional information standing for the board
> election. Board nominations close two weeks before the AGM.

To run for the board election, you add your name to the table at
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/AGM15/Election_to_Board.
So far Ilya Zverev and Peter Barth have put their names forward.

If you want more information about board duties,
http://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2015-02-16#Roles.2Fresponsibilities_for_OSMF_board
is a good start. It outlines what the board does/does not do. Frederik
also wrote something up a year ago, which I've been completely unable to
find. Feel free to ask board members if you want to.

What follows below is a personal view, not something board endorsed.

The board meets about monthly for about 90 minutes. We haven't set out
expectations for how many hours per month someone is expected to work on
board duties, but expectations for similar non-profit unpaid board
positions are 12-15 hours per month. This excludes time spent on WGs and
additional time for the secretary, treasurer, and chair roles.