[Osmf-talk] Balancing the presence of the Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT US Inc) in the OpenStreetMap Foundation

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 00:51:45 UTC 2015

Hi again Nico and fellow OSMF members.

You know, I was entertained by your original email Nico because it was
so divorced from reality and lacking any substance, but now after not
very long thinking more about it I am much less entertained.

You are intentionally feeding the idea that there is a divide between
HOT and OSM and there is NO divide: Great HOT people are great OSM
people. We all are dedicated to growing and strengthening OSM and the
OSM community worldwide.

The people running for OSMF Board (all of them) are good people and
great supporters of OSM and you have now ignored that and cast doubt on
the candidacy of 3 people who will be nothing but experienced, tireless
supporters of OSM (elected to the board or not). And not based on their
qualifications or dedication, because those are unassailable, but based
on some unfounded idea that HOT will have anything to do with the OSMF
board if these people are elected.

It is a cynical, intentionally negative view of the OSM and HOT
community and I had a great deal more respect for you.

It is really disappointing that you would send this email based on
nothing, obviously no evidence or history, based on nothing but pure
innuendo and suggestion to cast these people in a negative light for no
reason.

I miss the old Nico, please try and find him.

Regards,
Blake