[Osmf-talk] Balancing the presence of the Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT US Inc) in the OpenStreetMap Foundation

Ben Abelshausen ben.abelshausen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 12:37:01 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have no reason to distrust any of the HOT members who are running for the
board.

Probably I will be voting for one or two, but I do agree that it is
unhealthy for the OSMF to have any organization overrepresented in the
board.

I also think that even if HOT-members would have a majority in the OSMF
that there is no reason not to trust them to act in the best interest of
the larger OSM-community but I'm not so sure about other
organizations/companies.

As HOT-member I do have a problem with other HOT-members explicitly
expressing distrust in the other members in being able to act in the best
interest of the larger OSM-community and be a member of HOT at the same
time.

If I was running for the OSMF-board, I would not have your trust of being
able to seperate concerns HOT-OSMF just because I'm a member of HOT and
that's bit unsettling coming from, amoung others, a founding member of HOT
and one of it's current boardmembers. There are many different opinions
also within the HOT membership.

I do understand that there are issues between individual people but please
don't expand this to the entire HOT membership.

So, valid concerns for the OSMF, but I wouldn't worry to much about
HOT-members taking over the OSMF so HOT can rule the world.

Cheers,

Ben