[Osmf-talk] Draft New Corporate Membership Tiers

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Wed Apr 27 18:22:35 UTC 2016

Hi All,

Thanks for you feedback so far, a couple comments.

General Counsel: This is the number one thing that potential corporate
members have requested. The idea is not that we are providing advice, but
they have their own General Counsel that would like to speak to another
lawyer. This is typically how companies operate and the idea was that they
are willing to pay a significant amount of money for it. The specific
details would still need to be worked out with the LWG and board.  If you
look at the bottom of the wiki page I've put this contingent on having at
least 5 or higher business members. I think the main reason other
foundations don't offer this is that there is not as much discussion are
licenses.

Calls with board members: This is intended to help people internally "sell"
the corporate membership within their organizations. Many people already
talk to board members informally all the time. If you send me an email for
example I don't demand you pay me to answer it, should I not answer it
because you might be trying to influence me? Though if organizations are
interested in this why not help fund the OSMF?

-Kate