[Osmf-talk] Draft New Corporate Membership Tiers

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 07:04:51 UTC 2016

sent from a phone

> Il giorno 29 apr 2016, alle ore 05:29, Emilie Laffray <emilie.laffray at gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
> I agree that there is definite interest in having one legal voice for the foundation. I have been contacted roughly two weeks ago on that particular topic (a French company) and I think this would be quite useful for many companies that we have such a point of contact.

I believe what really is behind this idea to have one legal contact is the (understandable) wish to get authoritative answers on legal questions. And this would mean deciding definitely  how to interpret certain aspects of the license, which is like amending it with additional clauses - after people have agreed to it and granted rights for their contributions according to a ("different", previous) license and conditions.

cheers,
Martin