[Osmf-talk] Draft New Corporate Membership Tiers

Ivo Stankov ivo at e-stankov.com
Fri Apr 29 21:01:38 UTC 2016

> Alternatives to this include (a) backroom deals with hand-picked large
> sponsors, or (b) the annual "personal appeal from <random person>"
> plastered across our web site for a few weeks to raise money, or (c)
> significantly increasing the membership fee.
>
> Simply doing nothing is not an option if we want to be financially
> stable.

I was not aware that the OSMF is running the risk of being financially
unstable.
Could you provide some info on what the actual current financial
situation is? Not necessarily in absolute numbers, but more in the
context of "we need at least N gold sponsors to stay afloat".
And if financial instability is the case, then the whole discussion
about corporate sponsors and what services the OSMF wants to offer them
gets a quite desperate ring to it and we might need a broader discussion.

Best regards,
Ivo