[Osmf-talk] Draft New Corporate Membership Tiers

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Apr 30 19:38:42 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 04/29/2016 11:01 PM, Ivo Stankov wrote:
>> Simply doing nothing is not an option if we want to be financially
>> stable.

> I was not aware that the OSMF is running the risk of being financially
> unstable.

The OSMF hasn't been earning the money it spends from "regular income"
(year-round donations, membership fees) for long time. What kept the
organisation afloat were income from SOTM (which was low in Birmingham
2014, zero in 2015, and is not planned to be big this year either), plus
donation drives that were used to fund hardware purchases.

These sources of income are not dependable; they make it hard to plan
ahead. Regular income is much easier to work with because you know in
advance that you are very likely to get a certain amount of membership fees.

> Could you provide some info on what the actual current financial
> situation is?

I'm publishing stuff on the wiki regularly

http://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Finances#Income_and_Balance_Sheets

- most recent is the quarterly report for the first quarter 2016. Our
2016 budget has been approved by the board on Wednesday and I'll put it
up on the Wiki later today.

Bye
Frederik