[Osmf-talk] OSM Awards: Call for Nominees

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Sat Aug 6 19:19:56 UTC 2016

I would suggest to try to craft a silver award medal for each category.
Silver is a precious [1] and noble [2] metal, but in fact it is not too
expensive. Just 19 USD per ounce (31.1 g). However, it is not a trivial
task to create an interesting design. Perhaps, we have in the community
designers who could contribute through a contest?

It is possible to order such award medals online. But it would be better
to find an original master. I saw incredibly impressive designs from
silver in Zurich, there are also good silver smiths certainly in India,
Montana [3], and probably other places.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precious_metal
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble_metal
[3] http://www.montanasilversmiths.com