[Osmf-talk] OSMF Transparency report

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Mon Dec 5 11:23:10 UTC 2016

> This sounds somehow interesting. Could you explain in short, what kind
> of cases this sentence was about? How often does this occur?

Generally requests involving data which is in error or we would normally
remove even without a complaint if we became aware of it.

> Another question in the context of takedown requests: How many of
> these come from official public entities and how many are from private
> entities (especially: have there been any from public entities, and
> from which and what).
>
> Does British law consent you to speak about these cases or are there
> regulations that prevent you from openly informing the members of such
> incidents (like "gag orders" in the US)?

We have had a total of zero court orders and one valid DMCA takedown
request. The takedown request was from a private individual, the data in
question was removed, and the user who added the data admitted copying
from the source who sent the request. This was back in 2013, so I don't
remember much more without doing research.

What we get tends to be in the nature of complaints, not takedown
requests, and we're capable of resolving everything without needing to
involve a formal takedown request. These are also not handled by the
board, but part of the scope of the DWG.