[Osmf-talk] Promotion of personal projects on OpenStreetMap twitter a/c

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Tue Jan 5 11:31:24 UTC 2016

It should be noted that when the CE position was created
(http://wiki.osmfoundation.org/w/images/e/eb/Osmf_board_minutes_20120814.pdf)
a number of rights were granted to the holder of the position, but no
associated obligations neither legal nor behavioural.

I don't think that many OSMF members are likely to have issues with the
CE position as such, but the lack of any kind of agreement on what to
expect from the holder of the position does create a governance issue
that none of the boards since 2012 has been willing to tackle. Given the
continuing strong presence of the board members that created the
position in the first place that does not come as a surprise and it is
one of the reasons getting a clean slate board this year would have been
nice.

I would strongly suggest (not for the first time) that the current board
revisits the issue and at least requires the same fiduciary and
confidentiality obligations towards the OSMF from the CE as the other
board members are subject to.

And asking him to not make an ass of himself would be nice too.

Simon