[Osmf-talk] exit

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 16:43:46 UTC 2016

On 1/6/2016 10:30 AM, Rod Bera wrote:

> Also OSM has shown invaluable in contexts where no or few data were made
> available by usual channels. The fact that OSM communities emerge in
> Africa and elsewhere where data is scarce is an answer by common people
> to the current lack of practical spatial knowledge at their disposal.
> With OSM they substitute themselves to governments and international
> organisations, NGOs, wherever they fail to provide a sufficiently useful
> map.
>
> The use of OSM for humanitarian purposes, is another way OSM makes a
> difference, where OSM has an impact on the very lives of people, during
> crises and for rebuild or development alike. The set-up of a
> humanitarian OSM team by Nicolas Chavent and Mikel Maron is something
> that obviously builds on your vision.
>
> There are literally millions of stories (at least as many as OSM
> community members, plus simple anonymous users) happening across the
> world because of you...
>

> I know you'll still be around, and though your exit is more a symbol
> than an end, I wish to thank you for you amazing achievement, and for
> those by others building on OSM.
>
> Rod Bera

Steve, I do not know you at all, but I want to echo what Rod said above.
OSM and the greater OSM community are important global resources that
impact millions of lives for the better every day.

Thank you for everything you did to create and bring OSM and the OSM
community to where it is today. Few people have such a positive impact
on the world.

Regards,
Blake