[Osmf-talk] compatible licenses / ODbL

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 16:31:33 UTC 2016

Is there a list of known compatible (or definitely not compatible) licenses
for the current ODbL?
I'm asking because our regional government has released boundary data in
cc-by 4.0 and we are asking ourselves if we can use it in OSM.

Another question that stems from a quick research for the above, I have
seen here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Catalogue
That appearently some cc-by 3.0 data has also been imported since the
license change. Is this an indication that cc-by 3.0 is also compatible?

I am aware that any data that has some strings attached might not be
suitable for a potential future relicensing as regulated by the user CTs.

Thank you,
cheers,
Martin