[Osmf-talk] Brexit

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Jul 1 18:58:08 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 07/01/2016 08:47 PM, Marc Zoutendijk wrote:
> With the UK leaving the EU, what are the consequences for the OSM comunnity? Especially in relation to our copyright rules?

It's not that the OSMF has a comprehensive legal review ready for the
situation, but neither has the UK government so I'd say let us wait and
see. Copyright is probably the least of our problems, being usually
governed by international treaties not the EU. There might be some
changes to data protection or liability somewhere down the line but IMHO
it's nothing to obsess about right now.

What I'm most concerned about is a potential shift in public opinion
("UK = isolationist & xenophobic place") that could also tarnish the
image of an international organisation based in the UK. But once all the
heads have rolled, I guess the UK will attempt to do its part to counter
that image and it will all sort itself out nicely.

Bye
Frederik