[Osmf-talk] Brexit

Emilie Laffray emilie.laffray at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 18:57:12 UTC 2016

Hello Marc,

at this point, it is impossible to know. Article 50 has not yet invoked and
as it stands, the UK is still a member of the EU.
It is something that will change once it is invoked and negotiations start.

The UK may decide to remove some aspect of EU law in the copyright bit or
not. I however personally believe this is an area where it won't change
much in the first place.

Anyway at this stage, no one can tell what is going to happen in the future
and any guess is going to be just that a guess. I think it will be a good
question to ask in a year or so. Right now, it is way too early. There are
politcal consequences in the UK to solve first before we can see where the
wind will be blowing in the first place.