[Osmf-talk] Brexit

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 14:27:04 UTC 2016

sent from a phone

> Il giorno 02 lug 2016, alle ore 10:34, Rory McCann <rory at technomancy.org> ha scritto:
>
> I don't think there should be any copyright problems. After all, there
> isn't really any copyright problems with the USA not being in the EU,
> so UK not being in the EU shouldn't matter that much.

legal disputes have to take place in the UK and if/once they really left the EU, people won't be able to go to the European Court for revision any more (nobody knows by now, because their exact status will have to be negotiated). Also there's some potential the UK could then make laws that wouldn't have been compatible with EU law (because if they're "out" they can). On the other hand, particularly in the field of copyright, as has stated Frederik above, there are international agreements and trade treaties, on a global level between most countries, and there are very strong lobbies (some say content mafia) to keep it like this.

cheers,
Martin