[Osmf-talk] Corporate Membership update

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Jul 5 10:49:37 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 07/01/2016 09:33 PM, Christoph Hormann wrote:
> "Advisory board access" needs explanation.

After the "phone call with a board member" idea met with some criticism,
we thought about what we could do to, one the one hand, keep the benefit
of "giving corporate members a voice" while at the same time assuring
members we don't want to give corporate members a way of unduly
influencing board's work.

One idea we had was to start an "advisory board" - which would initially
just be a simple mailing list - where corporate members would have a
"seat" (= a mailing list subscription) and where they could discuss
things among themselves, but where board could also ask them for advice
if deemed interesting.

So that's the "advisory board", and I believe it would then replace the
idea of "phone calls with board members". (Of course members are still
free to call board members but it would not be part of any package.)

Bye
Frederik