[Osmf-talk] Corporate Membership update

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 1 19:55:21 UTC 2016

I can see it would be good to describe what level involvement relates to
which level membership, but I don't like how closely it relates to use.

What about corporations that want to be members because they think OSM is
awesome and wish to show that in a committed way (rather than a one-off
donation or SotM sponsorship)? At the moment some organisations even offer
a free service/mirror to show their support, but you could argue it is
better for continuity and long-term vision if they gave annually to the
OSMF services.

As for the other organisations including universities... does research
about/on-top-off OSM count as "use" and on what level is OSM a
benefit/requirement to them?

Gregory/LivingWithDragons