steve at asklater.com
Sat Mar 26 19:59:28 UTC 2016
Ok so look, Slack took over the world. And it turns out it’s pretty good and useful. Let’s have an official OSM slack.
I’ve found two OSM-related slacks. Someone owns openstreetmap.slack.com <http://openstreetmap.slack.com/> and there is also osmus-slack.herokuapp.com <http://osmus-slack.herokuapp.com/> as a front door to the US slack. The former I can’t find a lot about. The latter is mentioned here:
And it has a neat thing to throw out invites to people. There’s also a neat bot that it looks like tmcw wrote:
I’m proposing that a) we have a global slack and b) it be ‘official’ whatever that means. Having not been able to find this, I invite everyone over to:
So unless there is a secret slack somewhere that I missed, or something, I need help:
* Come join this slack, send me an email for an invite
* Can someone please add the osmbot to this slack?
* Can someone please make the magic “send me an invite thing” for this slack?
* Please help edit http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Slack <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Slack> and also make slack a prominent part of other methods of communication
* Please announce this on your favorite existing mailing list, forum or IRC channel
I realize that I’m inviting a discussion about how slack is an evil company or that we should all just use IRC, and those are fine arguments I don’t have the energy for.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the osmf-talk