[Osmf-talk] Budget for 2016

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun May 1 20:46:17 UTC 2016

Milo,

On 05/01/2016 10:33 PM, Milo van der Linden wrote:
> As a slightly anarchistic individual, I would be interested to donate a
> way more significant ammount if it would be *guaranteed* this money
> would be solely used to keep osm up and would not be used to facilitate
> the board.

There's of course an area in between the pure hardware expense (that we
have fundraised for in the past) and "facilitate the board".

For example, in addition to spending money for hardware, we also spend
money for hosting, domains, for services like "pingdom", for accounting
(i.e. making sure the UK taxman doesn't shut us down for not following
the rules), for an insurance that will cover us if someone sues us
because they've run their truck into a river following OSM data, and
other bits and bobs.

Bye
Frederik