[Osmf-talk] Budget for 2016

Mark Obrembalski mark at obrembalski.de
Sun May 1 21:29:30 UTC 2016

Am 01.05.2016 um 16:21 schrieb Frederik Ramm:
> Hi,
>
>     I've uploaded the 2016 budget here:
>
> https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/w/images/c/cc/Budget_2016.pdf
>
> In very simple words, according to this budget we will have about £43k
> left in cash at the end of the year. That will be enough to survive in
> 2017, but by the end of 2017 we *must* have found new funding sources or
> else we go bust.

There's another kind of reading it which I prefer: We can't buy hardware
in 2017 unless we find new funding sources. We can't spend more money on
trademark issues (what are the high expenses in 2016 about, BTW) unless
we find new funding sources. We can't have a face to face meeting of the
board in 2017 unless we have new funding sources. Going bust isn't the
only alternative to finding new funding sources. The other alternative
is radically cutting expenses. And, as longas there are no new funding
sources, this should start way before 2017. Some things might work not
too well then, but this may be an incentive for some potential donators
to actually donate.

Mark

--
falls es militärisch dringend erforderlich ist, dürfen NATO Soldaten
auch mit dem Fahrrad in der Fußgängerzone fahren...