[Osmf-talk] Budget for 2016

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Sun May 1 21:41:29 UTC 2016

I would be willing to donate as an individual to a general OSMF fund.
Fundraising for servers is important, but we also need to pay accountants
and for legal advice. They are just a necessary as servers.

In addition to corporate membership in OSMF, the board should explore
fundraising similar to Wikimedia Foundation. According to wikipedia, their
foundation raises over $75M US or 58M GBP a year. The amount isn't the
issue, it's that they are able to fund their annual operation mostly
through donations.

Clifford

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 12:43 PM, Kate Chapman <kate at maploser.com> wrote:

> Related.
>
> Would individuals be interested in contributing to a yearly fundraising
> campaign if it was not just for hardware? Are businesses and other donors
> interested?
>
> On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 11:11 AM, Dale Kunce <dale.kunce at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> What is the monthly/annual burn rate to keep things running. Would osmf
>> be interested in a yearly fundraising campaign to cover these basic needs.
>> On May 1, 2016 1:52 PM, "Martin Koppenhoefer" <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> sent from a phone

>>> I believe in case of an incident like a fire, which would put the
>>> existence of osmf at risk, we would be able to raise emergency funds very
>>> fast also amongst our contributors, without loosing our independence, but
>>> of course you're right that a good plan is even better than unlimited
>>> confidence...
>>>

>>> cheers,
>>> Martin

@osm_seattle