[Osmf-talk] Budget for 2016

Heather Leson heatherleson at gmail.com
Mon May 2 10:34:45 UTC 2016

Hi folks, I think that OSM has a wider group of supporters beyond OMSF
members. There are many individuals and organizations who consume OSM data
and believe in the community. Building a strong fundraising arm will help
future goals.

Heather

Heather Leson
heatherleson at gmail.com
Twitter/skype: HeatherLeson
Blog: textontechs.com

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 10:43 PM, Kate Chapman <kate at maploser.com> wrote:

> Related.
>
> Would individuals be interested in contributing to a yearly fundraising
> campaign if it was not just for hardware? Are businesses and other donors
> interested?
>
> On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 11:11 AM, Dale Kunce <dale.kunce at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> What is the monthly/annual burn rate to keep things running. Would osmf
>> be interested in a yearly fundraising campaign to cover these basic needs.
>> On May 1, 2016 1:52 PM, "Martin Koppenhoefer" <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> sent from a phone

>>> I believe in case of an incident like a fire, which would put the
>>> existence of osmf at risk, we would be able to raise emergency funds very
>>> fast also amongst our contributors, without loosing our independence, but
>>> of course you're right that a good plan is even better than unlimited
>>> confidence...
>>>

>>> cheers,
>>> Martin