[Osmf-talk] Budget for 2016

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun May 8 09:35:46 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 05/06/2016 11:36 PM, Ivo Stankov wrote:
> While it is true that many OSM-data users never get to see the osm.org
> site, the most motivated and likely to donate ones definitely visit it
> regularly.

Those are most likely our mappers (as opposed to those who only "use"
OSM and don't otherwise participate).

Our mappers are already doing very important work for us. I would like
to avoid milking them for cash in addition to the countless hours of
their spare time they're already giving to OSM. If ways can be found
that make the users of OSM pay the bill, rather than the makers, I would
be very much in favour.

Of course you could argue that mappers would gladly pay money to keep
OSM, and therefore their work, independent of third parties for funding.

It is certainly something that should be discussed.

Bye
Frederik