[Osmf-talk] Corporate Membership: Response from SotM-WG

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Mon May 30 17:00:32 UTC 2016

Hello Gregory,

I read the response, and I would like just to make a technical remark.

The metal Platinum was not known in antiquity. It was discovered in the
18th century by Antonio de Ulloa. Since 2015 Platinum is significantly
cheaper than Gold, - just type in Google: "price of gold and platinum"
(1214 USD vs. 979 USD). It was a historical shift.

The are several fundamental reasons for that, - Platinum is not required
for diesel engine catalytic converters in such quantities as before, as
a technology changed, and Platinum is not too popular on the current
major jewellery markets of China and India, and some other.

Our civilization is built from metals, and people in many industries
actually know the value of metals. In my opinion, the best way to avoid
legal claims is not to offer contracts which conditions may be construed
as misleading.

Is this outdated metaphor the only one possible? Could it be say
Ferdinand Magellan, Christopher Columbus, Vasco da Gama,  James Cook
levels? Or Hamlet, Village, Town, City, Metropolis levels? Or Startup,
Business, Growth, Enterprise? English is one of the most vocabulary rich
languages out there.

Best regards,
Oleksiy